Shoulder Harness Adjustment New Revo

Backpack Discussion

Shoulder Harness Adjustment New Revo

Postby BearsEars » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:47 am

Hi all. This is my first post. I have a new Revolution frame and I had a couple question about the shoulder harness adjustment:

1. There are strips of webbing sewn onto the frame just below the top shoulder harness adjusters. Are the shoulder harness straps supposed to pass thorough these before going up to the top adjusters? If i have the harness straps running through them it definitely keeps the frame closer to my back without the load-lifters totally tight. My problem is that where i need the shoulder harness adjusted I cant run the straps through these loops and so the frame will cant far away from my back when the load-lifters aren't really tight, basically it allows the shoulder harness to separate from the frame much more. Am I doing something wrong here?

2. When adding frame extensions (bull down and need to pack it out switching from a 24"' to a 28" frame) does the frame adjustment effect your torso length adjustment?

I hope I'm explaining these questions right. Thanks in advance for the help.
BearsEars

Re: Shoulder Harness Adjustment New Revo

Postby Rockfamily » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:17 am

Reach out to Joe at Seek Outside brother...he is excellent at explaining this stuff and getting you dialed in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Rockfamily

Postby BearsEars » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:46 am

Thanks Rockfamily. I will certainly contact Seek if I don't get any other ideas from anyone here on the forum.
BearsEars

Postby ktimm » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:05 pm

BearsEars wrote:Hi all. This is my first post. I have a new Revolution frame and I had a couple question about the shoulder harness adjustment:

1. There are strips of webbing sewn onto the frame just below the top shoulder harness adjusters. Are the shoulder harness straps supposed to pass thorough these before going up to the top adjusters? If i have the harness straps running through them it definitely keeps the frame closer to my back without the load-lifters totally tight. My problem is that where i need the shoulder harness adjusted I cant run the straps through these loops and so the frame will cant far away from my back when the load-lifters aren't really tight, basically it allows the shoulder harness to separate from the frame much more. Am I doing something wrong here?

2. When adding frame extensions (bull down and need to pack it out switching from a 24"' to a 28" frame) does the frame adjustment effect your torso length adjustment?

I hope I'm explaining these questions right. Thanks in advance for the help.

For long toros people they can run straps through the tabs which results in harness staying closer to frame . It's personal preference . I like it tight others like it free floating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby mlammert » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Per the original fitment issue - I am in the same boat. With the 26" frame I expect to use most I want the harness metal feed through exactly where those webbing strips are (can tolerate it just barely above) and I prefer the tighter in feel. But having them above makes for a bit of work when I go to 4" extensions and they need to come down. I may consider adding another set 2.5" lower so I could use them both in the 26" and 28" configuration without major re-threading when the animal is down (wish it were as simple/fast as the frame extensions install but cant think of a better system).

The other long torso issue I am dealing with is that the head space cut out shrinks with the extensions, seems that last 2" of main frame should be dead vertical to prevent this instead of still being trending toward center line. At 24" I can fit my head comfortably in the notch, with 2" extensions it is a squeeze and with 4" extensions you might as well have a bar between the top points because my head wont fit. How hard would it be to bend those tubes to vertical just below the extensions? Bending flat frame stays is easy but tube bending is a whole other thing!
mlammert

Return to Backpacks

x