What Should I Change??

Backpack Discussion

What Should I Change??

Postby hewhofightsfoo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:55 am

I got my Seek Outside pack a few years ago. I can't even remember what the setup itself was called (Evolution, Revolution or whatever...) I have used it extensively. Elk, mulies, trapping, upland hunting, backpacking, fishing, etc. I've decided I need to change a few things over the last 5 year's of using it, but I don't know what changes are compatible with my model at this point. The shoulder straps have compressed under so many loads, so I'm guessing I could start there if the replacement strap harness would fit? Next, I really need a bag that has outside zipper access. I need the bag to be big enough to handle 4-6 days backpacking, but also small enough to use as a daypack. The talon I have is too small, and worse, it's way too noisy to get access to on an elk hunt IMO. I've been eyeballing the Goshawk 4800. Seems to offer everything I need. I may pair it with a bigger talon. What do I need to get in order to fit this bag onto my current frame? Or am I out of luck and need a completely new system?

*Update - I looked it up, and I have an Evolution 4800 from 2014. There used to be an Evo to Revo conversion deal, but I can't find it anymore, and am not sure if it would work with a Goshawk?

hewhofightsfoo

Re: What Should I Change??

Postby ktimm » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Your best bet is

Evo to review - call it in
Goshawk
Merlin or mesh talon

Alternatively you could do Lanner as well .

You could forgo evo to review and get a harness only but you will like it better with evo to review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby hewhofightsfoo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 pm

I REALLY like the features on that Lanner. The video on the page for the Lanner says it's for the peregrine. Is it the same pack, just the size difference? Doesn't look like I would even need another Talon with the included mesh pocket/front pouch? Thanks
hewhofightsfoo

Postby ktimm » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm

It was based on the peregrine but has some improvement in usability . It started as a request for larger peregrine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby hewhofightsfoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:16 am

Awesome Kevin, thanks. I just called in and ordered the conversion and the Lanner. Photos to come!
hewhofightsfoo

Postby Voskhod02 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:07 am

I'm waiting for news on this topic, it does look like a great backpack!
And it's a nice scout rifle, what model is that?
Voskhod02

Return to Backpacks

x