Forward pull new hipbelt

Backpack Discussion

Forward pull new hipbelt

Postby ernda » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 am

Is there a relatively easy way to revert the newer hip belt straps to forward pull for tightening (like the old belts) rather than the backward pull?
ernda

Re: Forward pull new hipbelt

Postby ktimm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 pm

ernda wrote:Is there a relatively easy way to revert the newer hip belt straps to forward pull for tightening (like the old belts) rather than the backward pull?

Several easy ways

Clip a carabiner on the pals
Use a ghook on the pals
Use a 1 inch gatekeeper
Just anchor or clip belt on side ... depending on belt fit it will be close to a forward pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby Nathan C » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 am

This would be a semi-permanent and very robust way to do it:

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Summit-Field ... th=1&psc=1

Hook the ladderlock onto your pals on the side of your dominant hand. Only run the straps through one of the slots on the QR buckle on that side, so they slide and don't lock. Then all tension would be held by the forward pull.
Nathan C
Site Admin

Postby Fedster » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

ktimm wrote:Use a 1 inch gatekeeper

where can one get 1' gatekeepers?
Fedster

Postby ktimm » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:50 am

Fedster wrote:
ktimm wrote:Use a 1 inch gatekeeper

where can one get 1' gatekeepers?

Good question , hammer419 posted KT on rokslide a few weeks ago.

We don’t have a use for them outside of that and unfortunately gatekeeper minimums are in the thousands so we won’t order them

We may carry ghooks as an option . They will work well as long as you only fully thread on tension hardware ( the belt buckle or ghook )

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby ernda » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 pm

I tried on the g-hooks, hooking into the most forward molles on the belt. Seems to work well with the quad buckle. I threaded the tension through the quad buckle but may try threading loosely through the quad buckle and use the tension ladder locks on the g-hooks--would seem to make it more mechanically similar to the conventional forward pulls on other packs.

BTW, when Kevin wrote about "ghook" i didn't read "g-hook" but wondered "what's a ghook" (pronounced GOOK in my mind). I googled "ghook" and found out its a big hook and pulley combo used for hoisting boats. Seemed like overkill to me for a backpack :D
ernda

Return to Backpacks

x