Harness width?

Backpack Discussion

Harness width?

Postby epleuralis » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:31 pm

My son wants to take my 2014-15(ish) unaweep to Philmont next year but the shoulder harness is definitely too wide (and actually a little too wide for me too). I see in the product description for the harness that it's now narrower, but I'd like to know how much narrower so I can figure out if it's worth buying the new harness or just living with what we've got. Or would I already have the new harness in 2015? Is there a way to tell?

On a different note - should the hip belt attachment grommets be screwed down tight against the frame or should there be a little play so they can rotate as you move?

Thanks for your help!
epleuralis

Re: Harness width?

Postby ktimm » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:27 pm

epleuralis wrote:My son wants to take my 2014-15(ish) unaweep to Philmont next year but the shoulder harness is definitely too wide (and actually a little too wide for me too). I see in the product description for the harness that it's now narrower, but I'd like to know how much narrower so I can figure out if it's worth buying the new harness or just living with what we've got. Or would I already have the new harness in 2015? Is there a way to tell?

On a different note - should the hip belt attachment grommets be screwed down tight against the frame or should there be a little play so they can rotate as you move?

Thanks for your help!

Grommets should be tight . If they are loose they can act like a saw over time .

Harness is narrower how much is hard to say . I know there are really no complaints of it being too wide . Straps are 2 and 7/8 as well as it is set narrower as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Return to Backpacks

x