NEW PACKS???

Backpack Discussion

Re: NEW PACKS???

Postby Camber » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:21 am

Wow, thanks for the detailed response. Count me in on the Cimmaron liner....would love that!
Camber

Postby ktimm » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:48 am

blendergasket wrote:Thanks for the Gila specs and timeframe for new items.

Rewatching the video I don't think the flight pack will really work for me. IMHO The thing that makes your packs ride so miraculously is the hip belt that bolts to the bottom of the frame and the frame curving back so the belt basically floats and is pushed down verticallly instead of into the lumbar. I worry that having the hip belt connected to the pack will make it ride more like a traditional internal frame pack where the weight is transferred into the lumbar instead of directly down onto the hips. If I can find a place in the PNW that stocks them when they come out I would love to try it though.

It would be really cool if there was an option for a unaweep style pack maybe with thinner guage tubing for the frame, slightly less padded hip belts/shoulder straps and a light weight pack bag fabric to cut weight while keepoing the amazing ride.

Regarding Unaweep styled packs there just isn't much weight to be saved . Frames can really get smaller and still bolt reliably , foam etc don't save much weight . We have done many exercises there .

Regarding flight ... it is a different pack and is not meant to be a 100 lb pack . The suspension is more than capable of 50 if sizing is right . For some people they will be the only pack the need , but for others it will be a really good complement pack for when you don't need the big pack but you need more than a little pack .

In my opinion , it's the best carrying smaller pack I've used but it is a smaller platform. Think of it more as a Tacoma and the other packs are 1 ton trucks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby blendergasket » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 pm

Thank you again for your reply. I may give it a try when you release it. Thank you!
blendergasket

Postby Camber » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:26 am

Another quick question since someone over on rokslide asked as well.

Will the Cimarron liners work on older ones or only newer ones...not sure if a new feature has been added to the Cim to make the liners compatible?

Thank you
Collin
Camber

Postby kevin_t » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am

It will work with older ones
kevin_t

Postby Camber » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am

Sweet. Thank you.
Camber

Previous