Mountain Mat

All things gear related

Mountain Mat

Postby swisski » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:09 am

Hi,

Intrigued by the Seek Outside Mountain Mat. I'm thinking it would fit my use perfectly.

Seems like a lot of the time here in the PNW, site selection for camps has us in some sticky spots where I don't always just want to lay my sleeping pad down without some extra protection, and sometimes even a ground sheet isn't enough. I like all the specs on the mat. at 1/8 of an inch thick, I'm betting that mat is still very puncture resistant being EVA foam. Can anybody attest to it?

Thanks for any insight!
swisski

Re: Mountain Mat

Postby ktimm » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 pm

For me it helps protect an inflatable vs a ground sheet . The downside is it packs larger . You might try asking on our Facebook group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby Voskhod02 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:26 am

Speaking of this, is it appropriate for warmer climates? Because I'm planning in the near future to buy one of these houses in Greece for the holidays, and of course, I'll go camping there. I usually use a hammock to sleep, but the Mediteranean costline is, in many places, not densely wooded enough for that kind of sleeping kit.
Voskhod02

Postby Mutto » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:36 am

swisski wrote:Hi,

Intrigued by the Seek Outside Mountain Mat. I'm thinking it would fit my use perfectly.

Seems like a lot of the time here in the PNW, site selection for camps has us in some sticky spots where I don't always just want to lay my sleeping pad down without some extra protection, and sometimes even a ground sheet isn't enough. I like all the specs on the mat. at 1/8 of an inch thick, I'm betting that mat is still very puncture resistant being EVA foam. Can anybody attest to it?

Thanks for any insight!

Main thing I like about foam mat in conjunction with a air pad is it reduces heat loss/conduction. Especially on snow. Mats are also excellent while setting up camp or you want to sit and glass or take a break on snow or wet area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mutto

Return to Gear

x