Mods to increase burn time

Lightweight Packable wood stoves

Mods to increase burn time

Postby njc89 » Sun May 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Has anyone tried any homemade measures to better seal one of these stoves to extend burn time - particularly for night time? I'm thinking maybe some small pieces of something lIke welding blanket material around the door could be worth a try. Any thoughts? Thanks
njc89

Re: Mods to increase burn time

Postby kevin_t » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:01 pm

I have not seen any. It is pretty air tight for a small stove, and usually burn time is mostly wood size and wood type and air control. I know on pulk in , guys have used compressed logs with very good success.
kevin_t

Re: Mods to increase burn time

Postby reaper » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:29 pm

kevin_t wrote:I have not seen any. It is pretty air tight for a small stove, and usually burn time is mostly wood size and wood type and air control. I know on pulk in , guys have used compressed logs with very good success.

I did tried last year with compresse log,if i remember good one log burned for 1h30.About the stove,i do not own a SO stove but i DIY some and still have my 2 kifaru stoves in stainless steel but none of my stoves will keep heat that long,they are not made for this,they are not like house's stove.I get better results with cylinder stoves.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk
reaper

Return to Wood Stoves

x