Bachelor Buckles Q and A

Backpack Discussion

Bachelor Buckles Q and A

Postby kevin_t » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:38 am

We have a new piece of hardware available on our backpacks. We call it a Bachelor Buckle (because it doesn't need a mate). It is a 3/4 tension lock essentially with a hook (similar to a G hook in concept). It is made from 6061 anodized aluminum, and is an effective retrofit or repair for any of our 3/4 inch hardware. While, there have been very few times , we have had issue with our hardware, it should be noted, all plastic hardware can break given the right circumstances. Here is how we view them
- They are a very effective field repair , in case you need to
- They are highly adaptable and allow many configurations. In some cases they are better than 3/4 dual release, in some cases they are not, it depends on what you are tryign to do

Currently, the only pack they come standard on is the Divide 4500.

Weight, they weigh what a dual release does essentially.

We will have photos and pricing soon.

Thanks
kevin_t

Re: Bachelor Buckles Q and A

Postby Camber » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Thank you for clarifying this Kevin.
Camber

Postby yps » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Is it possible that we will see these as standard on the other bags also?
Are they easier/harder to use?
yps

Postby kevin_t » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:10 pm

It is possible. Not sure at moment. The disadvantage is clipping them together adaptability or low tension usage . As far as using as compression straps or as used in divide as a tension / ladder lock replacement they work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kevin_t

Postby Philip.AK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Did you guys ever do a breaking strength test on them? Under what sort of load does the unsupported end of the hook deform and fail? Ballpark is fine...
Philip.AK

Postby kevin_t » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 am

I could not tell you, I would say it is significant. I can say this, we used to do pull up tests on some the hardware
kevin_t

Postby Philip.AK » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:49 am

Given a nice straight pull (not some weird pull angle placed on the buckle), do you think the Bachelor is stronger or less robust than the Gatekeeper? It would be interesting to set up a pull test and see what kinds of loads each can withstand. Given that the Bachelor is metal I would think it is stronger, but it does only have that one supported side, and the gate on the Gatekeeper is offering a LOT of help in resisting deformation.
Philip.AK

Postby Mutto » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:44 pm

kevin_t wrote:I could not tell you, I would say it is significant. I can say this, we used to do pull up tests on some the hardware

Hello Kevin,
Really hate hijacking this thread, but am wondering how I PM you or message you. Have a 12-14 person Helsport Veranger Lavvu/tipi with liner and floor that I’m pondering selling to get funds for a Seekoutside tent. Besides Ebay and Craigslist, do you know of a forum I can sell it on?
Thanks!!!!!

Mutto

Postby ktimm » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:17 am

There are probably some Facebook groups . You need a certain amount of posts to PM
It reduces spam

ktimm
Site Admin

Postby Mutto » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

ktimm wrote:There are probably some Facebook groups . You need a certain amount of posts to PM
It reduces spam

Thank you Kevin! Will try other avenues b4 facebook. They are so slimy.
Btw, that bachelor buckle sounds great. I have similar from finland milsurp site. Be great to buy USA made.

Mutto

Next

Return to Backpacks

x