Highest setting of the belt

Backpack Discussion

Highest setting of the belt

Postby Fedster » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:05 pm

I have an old style frame (i.e. aluminium, large diameter pipes). I want to ride the frame as high as possible on the belt. I know new belts have a 3rd grommet up high, but I have the dual backward pull belt (and I like it, thank you very much, and it is great shape, so no need to really change it). I tried wrapping the tabs around the frame, but the diameter of the frame prevents me from lining the two grommets up -- thus I find the result less than optimal, and the tap wraps in a spiral and odd looking way around the frame.

Is there a smarter way of lifting the frame up the belt? Now I am running the top grommet on the outside of the frame, which lifts things up half an inch, but I'd like more.
Fedster

Re: Highest setting of the belt

Postby kevin_t » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:15 pm

A photo would help , but it should be able to wrap.

If not, buy a new belt , and it will have the grommets.

Thanks
Kevin
kevin_t

Postby Fedster » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 pm

Image and Image (as it is now).
Fedster

Postby Fedster » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:51 am

I suspect the images do not work (sorry), but I just realised I can just get my own punch set and grommets (done that) and add a pair of grommets to the belt and be done with it (I know, I know, void warranty and what not, but it's not like I'd chase you from Finland anyways). I'll run a few tests on some scraps to make sure I can do it well, and then showtime.
Fedster

Postby Fedster » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:50 pm

I just wanted to report that I did add a higher grommet on the belt (I did a careful and proper job), and it is working extremely well. And if ever fails I'll just get a new belt!
Fedster

Postby ktimm » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Terrific

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Return to Backpacks

x