GStove?

Lightweight Packable wood stoves

GStove?

Postby swisski » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Curious if anybody has run a Gstove in their seek outside tipi?

I love my regular XL stove by seek outside, and have used it many times for both packing in and scenarios where you're more or less car camping nearby. I'm looking into the Gstove option for those car camping adventures where I want a stove, but know that I'm not packing in.

My question stems from the stove pipe diameter of the Gstove being smaller than the standard 3-1/8 that SO uses. The Gstove is 2.36 inches so it'll be a little loose in the SO stove jack. Wondering how people have mitigated that, or if it is even an issue at all. Being in the PNW, rain is always prominent, so I guess that is where my concern stems from.

Any input from experience here is appreciated.

Thanks
swisski

Re: GStove?

Postby Philip.AK » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:32 pm

No experience with the Gstove, but if you want to run a skinnier pipe out a larger stove jack hole you could use a bit of stainless steel wire to hold a few wraps of carbon welding felt/blanket (heat resistant to 1,800 F) around the pipe where it passes through the jack.
Philip.AK

Postby reaper » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 pm

I had a gstove for a winter,use it for ice fishing.
That thing is a rocket,be sure to buy the damper,really nice stove.The pipe come in multiple sections,if you order it with the spark arrester this one come with
3 holes on the sides so you can use ropes to keep the pipe stabile under extreme weather conditions.About the stove jack i don't think its a huge problem,if it rain like crazy you get water inside but it will fall near the stove or on the stove,to me its not a big deal in a floorless shelter.

I sold the gstove because that thing is heavy and is made from stainless steel wich is hard to cool down,very slow but yeahh we want a stove to be hot i know but for ice fishing when we are done we packed up our thing quick and put everything in our sleds...with the gstove i had to wait an extra 30 min and fill it with snow to cool down,thats why i like seekoutside titanium stove better in every ways.The glass window is strong and very nice at night on the gstove,again,its a good stove.
reaper

Postby swisski » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:11 pm

Thank you both for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swisski

Return to Wood Stoves

x